Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolution # 2 to workout/be more active

Yay! I have updated my blog within a week. I'm doing good with this New Years' Resolution thing. :-)

Also, I have re-visited one of the places that I haven't visited in a while.....Our home gym!!

I really want to make working out as important as going to church every week. I just think, God gave us these perfect bodies, and we don't take care of them.

On Monday, I was going to get on the elliptical, but when I got home from work, my hubby was already on it (with his dedicated self - love him!). He was running a marathon or something on the elliptical because he was on it forrrr-everrrr hahahah. Just kidding, but he actually did 4 miles in 30 minutes.

Since the elliptical was "occupied", I did the P90x disk - Legs and Back. I'm always more interested in working out my legs because I can usually see the results quicker. Also, I love to wear shorts and summer and swim suit weather will be here in no time. Not only did I do P90x Legs and Back, but I also did ab ripper X which as at the end of the legs and back disk (ab ripper x  is 343 reps of ab exercises). I got pretty winded through the workout. .I could tell I was really out of shape. It astonished me how a person can get out of shape so quickly. I remember when I could pretty much complete the ab ripper X entirely....not so much now.

Let's just say that the next day (Tuesday) I was in PAIN from Monday's workout. I think I may have pushed it a little bit too far for my first workout. I got home from work a little early on Tuesday and really did not feel like working out, but my muscles hurt so much that I felt I needed to at least stretch. So, to the workout room I went. After stretching, I felt a lot better. I decided I could do today's workout, and I wasn't going to let this soreness stop me.

I jumped on the elliptical for 10 minutes while hubby did some weight training on his weight machine thingy (its kinda like a bo flex machine). I did pretty good, but I was definitely feeling tired toward the end.After the elliptical, I put in the Arms and Shoulders P90x disk.

I was really impressed with myself! I have to admit working out has made me feel pretty good from the endorphins.

Next, I might... just might try going to the free Ladies bootcamp in our neighborhood on Wednesday mornings.....but 5:45 am....ummm I don't know....but I will try one Wednesday, but not tomorrow lol.


Below are pics of our workout room. Its pretty bare bones....so its a work in progress. I want to get it painted, but once we have a baby, "baby X" as we call it, the workout equipment will be moved to Jerry's man cave. So, we won't paint it for now. Although, a nice yellow or orange color or light green  could be appropriate for either sex for nursery, huh? hmmm, I will have to think about that.

I want to get a sign like this to put in the room
Photobucket

Break down of amount spent on workout room
$100 elliptical (on craigslist...it was our first purchase after we closed on our house. Luckily the person we bought it from lived near our area in a beautiful subdivision called "Long Meadow Farms"
$60 Bo-flex type machine (craigslist)
$20 Mirror (dollar general store)
$5 Aerobic Step (from Katy Christian Store)
$20 Pull up bar (walgreens or Ross)
$40 dumbells (various places)
$15 Dry Erase Board Calendar (from Home Goods)...to make workout schedule

Total cost is less than paying for gym memberships for a year for two people!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Everything else was pretty much given to us by family. Including the flat screen TV from my sister. LOVE HER!!!

Below are pics of our workout room (and me after my workout)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket So how are you coming with your new year's resolutions? What are some things you picked to resolve?

No comments:

Post a Comment