Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Hubby and I had a great time with my family back home. I was a little under the weather. :-( darn Houston's ever changing weather, but I am feeling much better now.

Last year, one of our neighbors left us some Christmas cookies by our door. So, I really wanted to do something for them and our other neighbors. So, the Wednesday before Christmas, I purchased some gifts for a few of our neighbors in our cul-de-sac.

I found a cute Christmas-y kitchen towel and a Christmas mug at an HEB by our home. I also bought some red gift bags to put them in. I felt like I was still missing something. So, I was talking on the phone with my mom that day, and she stated that maybe I should put some hot chocolate in the gift bag as well. I thought this was a great idea. So, I purchased my favorite box of hot chocolate (Nestle's Chocolate Caramel). I put a box in each bag. This hot chocolate, in my opinion, tastes great and is very similar to Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate, but of course it's a lot cheaper. I got 3 boxes at Kroger's for $1/each (on sale).

So, total cost for neighbor gifts =
coffee mug = $1
kitchen towel = $1
gift bag = .75 cents
box of hot chocolate = $1
Total cost = $3.75/each

I did gift bags for 3 neighbors. So, total cost = $11.25

I think they came out great, and was small amount to show our appreciation and thankfulness to our great neighbors. Our neighbors LOVED them!
When we returned home from my mom's we received gifts from our wonderful neighbors by our front door:-). (I will do a separate blog on the gifts they gave us).

So, what do you think of the gifts?







No comments:

Post a Comment