Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My new mommie car!

We finally said goodbye to "JIM" (my 2000 GMC Yukon). I had him since 2003. I purchased him with about 53k miles. Jim now had 192k miles on him. Yes, I put about 150k miles on him in about 10 years. Not bad!!

Jim started giving me problems more and more and with a baby on the way Hubby was not going to let me get stranded on side the road with a baby.

So, hubby searched online for months and months. And, we finally settled on the Lincoln MKX Of course this was based on our budget. As my husband says "we can make this a financial decision or an emotional decision" (he said this when I started going over the pre-decided budget)

I call it my MOM-DIVA car (no minivan for this fashionista). It has tons of safety features, including side curtain airbags (for the mom in me) but for the Diva in me, it has a panoramic sunroof that goes all the way back the back seat. It makes me feel like I am in a convertible. :-). It has controls on the steering wheel to adjust the radio, a/c, etc. Leather seats, Ipod connectivity, Sirius satellite radio, heat AND cooled seats )also the backs seats are heated...heheheh....

Only thing it is missing is Bluetooth (the ability to talk on my phone handsfree through the stereo), but Lincoln makes an aftermarket product that we are thinking about purchasing that will allow me to talk hands free.

I am such a kid in a candy store. My favorite financial advisor says to keep your cars 10 years. So, lets see if this MKX (which I have nicknamed "MICK) is up for the challenge.

So, do you think it fits me?

No comments:

Post a Comment