Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pregnancy Update!!

How far along?  20 Weeks today!!!

Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment I had not gained any since the previous appointment. My weight was 150 at that appointment (about 4 weeks ago). I think I may have started out around the 145 range pre-pregnancy. My doctor didn't seem concerned that I hadn't gain since the last appointment. She said the baby takes what it needs. So, I'm okay with that answer. She also said that normal total weight gain is 25 to 30 pounds, but I may not get anywhere near that.


Maternity clothes? Yes, I love my maternity jeans. I can still fit some work slacks, but not many in my closet. Most hurt my belly or I can't button them all the way. I love leggings. They are my best friends. Oh, and hubby made me switch my heels out for flat shoes. LOL
Thankfully, I work from home most days (I just go in the office one a week). So, I can usually find something presentable to wear.

Stretch marks? Not yet. I need to start using cocoa butter. I know that stretch marks are mostly genetic, but I still we use some just in case. My mom said that she got stretch marks during her pregnancy. So :-/

Symptoms:  None. I have been doing really well.


Sleep: I have been sleeping pretty well. I just usually wake up in the middle of night to go to the bathroom. Also, I notice sometimes I wake up before the alarm goes off. I feel rested but then when I go back to sleep and wake up I feel exhausted.

Best moment this week: Seeing hubby's face when he actually felt the baby kick. That look was priceless.

 
 
Have you told family and friends: Yes

Miss Anything? Yes, I miss sushi and wine so verrrrrrry much that it is crazy!!!! I can't wait to have some after the delivery.


Movement: I use to feel fluttering and baby pokes (kind of like a popping sensation) really low in my belly, but now I feel actual kicks and movement stronger and baby has moved up and now is just under my belly button area.


Food cravings: I still crave meat! Protein!!! This pregnancy has made me crave red meat more than ever and hubby and I didn't use to eat much red meat at all. Now, I crave it so much. So, maybe my body needs to iron from it.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I had a salad the other day and don't think baby likes salad. This also happened once before during the first trimester.
 

 
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, I am definitely showing now more than before.




Gender prediction: We know the gender and will reveal soon!!

Belly Button in or out? In, but it looks like it wont be long before it will be out.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy!!


Looking forward to: Getting our anatomy scan on January 10th. I can't wait to see the gummy bear again and get lots of pic, but most importantly to make sure he/she is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment