Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Easy Chicken Cacciatore

I noticed this recipe on another blog that I follow called "Pearls, Handcuffs, & Happy Hours"

This dish is sooooooooooooo good and there is nothing easier to make (well hamburger helper, but that's not very good for you).

It requires only 2 ingredients
1. Chicken
2. Jar of Paul Newman's Sockaroni sauce
and that's it.

I added chopped bell peppers and onions to my dish but really its not required.

Steps:
1. Boil your chicken
2. Once the chicken is done shred it
3. Put chicken in skillet
4. Pour jar of Sockaroni sauce
Once that is warm you are done.

The sauce is very flavorful on its on, but hubby and I like really spicy food. So, I added some black pepper to the sauce and my favorite spice Tony Chacere's (I absloutely LOVE Tony Chacere's LOL).

I serve the entree with grilled asparagus (I sprinked parmesean cheese....yes the green bottle on top of the aspargus when it was done).















Hubby liked this so much that we will definitely have to add it to the weekly rotation. We had apple crisp (that I made on Sunday) for dessert....yummmm-O!!!

I actually remembered to take pics as I was cooking.



2 comments:

  1. Tonya I made this last night. It was very simple. I added green peppers and onions as well. It turned out very well. I made steamed broccoli sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning and Parmesan cheese.

    Thanks for the recipe. Literally two ingredients. My kind of weeknight meals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany I dont know why didnt receive notice of your comment waaaay back in 2010. I am sooo happy you liked the dish!

    ReplyDelete