Friday, August 20, 2010

Our newest addition!

No, not a baby, but by the way I strapped this bad boy down in the car, you might think it was a baby. :-)

One of the clients at our firm stages homes. They decided to have a liquidation sale to get rid of some of the items in their warehouse.

The sale was Thursday, but luckily we got to go the day before to peruse and shop.
WOW! There was a lot of nice stuff. I kept thinking to myself, why didn't they do this around the time when we first moved into our home.

I found a cute vase that I instantly knew would be great in our foyer on the table. There were 3 vases there (2 tall and one short). I got the tall one. All day at work, I kept thinking about the shorter one. So, after work, I went back and prayed that it was still there. YES! It was still there. So, I got the shorter vase as well.

I strapped the vase down in the car like a baby (have you seen the homegoods commerical where the lady does the same thing to her vase....tooo funny.

I asked Jerry how he liked them and he said they were nice (you know guys never really get excited about decor). He also said that they looked really expensive. Well, the original price tag was still on the vase. They were from Pier one and the tall one was originally $50 and the shorter one was $45. I got the tall one for $25 and the shorter one for $20.....not too bad, I think.

I'm not sure if I will put anything inside of them or not, but I like the way they look. J and I had previously stated that we needed something big and bold for the entry table. I think this does it!
So, tell me what you think.....

2 comments:

  1. I love it...I'm so glad they had the second 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks great! Want to come decorate my home?! =)

    I wanted to let you know that I sent you an email last Thursday but haven't heard back from you. You may want to check your Spam folder, just in case. Otherwise, if you're still interested, you can contact me at jenn(at)munchkinland-designs(dot)com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete