Friday, August 6, 2010

My Private Oasis

I absolutely love to be outside. Anytime Jerry and I go out to dinner, I always ask, "Do you wanna sit outside" or "Do you wanna sit on the patio"? It drives him nuts because he would most rather eat inside.

So, when we purchased our first home, I knew I had to have a covered patio of some sort and if it didn't we would definitely have to put one in quickly.

Luckily, our home came with a covered patio. Albeit its small, but I knew I could do wonders with it.

My plan was to make it zen-like and sort of an oasis where I can sip my wine and read a good book.

It took it a while to get it started. My frugual hubby some how didn't get the point of decorating a patio. He thought I should focus on other things in the house as far as decorating.

But, now that I have the patio pretty much done, he had to admit that he loves it :-) Score one for apple! Zero for DH (darling hubby) LOL.

Please tell me what you think or offer other suggestions. At first, I wanted a water fountain to add to the space (so that's still up in the air). I am trying to find a nice inexpensive one. I also considered getting an outdoor standing oscillating fan. Lastly, I want to hang some paper laterns on the ceiling.

Then, I think I will be finished. But, I'm loving it thus far! Without a further ado (I always wanted to say that LOL), I present my private oasis......

No comments:

Post a Comment